Wednesday, October 27, 2010
In the beginning...
Years and years ago I meant someone very important to me, someone whom I never would have dreamed would mean so much to myself and my daughters. I met this boy, his name was Bill. At the time, he was someone to talk to on the phone, via e-mail or on instant messager. (Insert something like 14 or 15 years, 2 incredible little girls and a whole lot of memories) And now we're married. More specifically, we're newlyweds. We've been married 11 days. And now that we're back from our honeymoon road trip to New Orleans, our house is put back in order from the whirlwind that was our engagement/DIY wedding, and life seems to be slowing back down to a healthy pace, I've decided to start a blog. As I write this my youngest daughter Haley, a very sweet and rambunctious 4 year old, is curled up with me watching an Eloise movie and occasionally telling me how good she's being. My oldest daughter Chloe, a kind, easy-going loving little girl, is at school in her kindergarten class probably thinking about her Halloween costume that we bought last night. Bill is at work, and our dogs (Bailey, a chocolate lab, and Lucy, a mini daschund) are outside playing in the yard and I am enjoying a little peace, quiet and coffee. It's the first day since our wedding that I've really had to sit down and just relax. The only thing on our agenda today is pumpkin painting and the never-ending pile of laundry that seems to go hand in hand with being a mommy. It's a good day to think about everything that has happened in the past year and what's next in our lives. And it's an even better day to take a deep breathe, look around at the beautiful fall colors and just be grateful for having such a wonderful life. And now that I've had that moment, I'm off to go tackle the laundry and maybe sneak in a few minutes later to blog about our fabulous, slightly offbeat wedding. Ohhhh, the life of a mom. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Labels:
Personal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment